Battle report

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Storm Raven Model

Every one has been wondering what this thing will look like, At first I imagined a stunty thunder hawk. Many people are just going to proxy Valkyries or they are going to take a valk and kit bash the models like SO. Which I think looks good but I was looking for something not so ummm wide, so I looked to all the other movies with interesting drop craft.
Aliens has the iconic box designed looks like modern day airplane lander.
Starship troopers uses big boxes which remind me of bulklanders
Went through a couple of games and really liked the PELICAN from Halo, I know two game universes and what not.
But the large drop ship with stubby wings is appealing unfortunately they don't have any toys that would work for conversions so I scoured the inter webs for plans of some sort and came across these great paper plans. Plan wise I believe its bigger then a valk but not by much hoping to get it printed up tomorrow and bust one out in a could of hours. Have it ready for test play on Saturday.

comment and crits and what not any better ideas.

Every one has been wondering what this thing will look like, At first I imagined a stunty thunderhawk. Many people are just going to proxy Valkyires or they are going to take a valk and kit bash the models like SO. Which I think looks good but I was looking for something not so ummm wide, so I looked to all the other movies with intresting drop craft.
Aliens has the iconic box designed looks like modern day airplane lander.
Starship troopers uses big boxes which remind me of bulk landers
Went through a couple of games and really liked the PELICAN from Halo, I know two game universes and what not.
But the large drop ship with stubby wings is appealing unfortunatly they don't have any toys that would work for conversions so I scoured the interwebs for plans of some sort and came across these great paper plans.
blog comments powered by Disqus